Reason: Misinformation results in damage to relations, American business being harmed, and heightened tensions.
Every Sunday evening, ThreatMinder will release a substantive and actionable Analyst Risk Report based on high risk activities/events the prior week. These reports include actionable and operational risk analytics to guide your risk mitigation response plan. These weekly reports are provided for no charge. More detailed risk reports about your own assets, businesses, and more may be purchased separately. Contact us at email@example.com for more details.
This week, ThreatMinder analyzed United States-Turkey Relations to identify and distill actionable information about these events. Get a full copy of our Weekly Analyst Report and read key highlights below.
The US government is going to go through a transition over the next couple of months with the incoming President. Turkey has been out of favor with the United States ever since they purchased the S-400 Russian made defense system. It will be critical to monitor this situation moving forward. If relations between the two countries remain troubled, the entire region will be unstable. Instability within regions, governments and political circles breeds corruption and mis-information.
Turkey has a new US ambassador and others that will be in charge of mending US relations. Promises may be made by this group that are not true and investigation is advised. Continuous monitoring of social media, general web, and the dark web are critical to detecting these international risks specifically with regards to US – Turkey relations.
WHAT WE DID:
• Used web crawlers, keyword searches, syntax, and other proprietary capabilities to find all related posts, articles, blogs, etc. related to our monitoring targets on the general web, the dark web, social media
• Filtered millions of pieces of information through A.I. algorithms and machine learning protocols to analyze tone and sentiment
• Verified threats with our human analyst team
WHAT WE FOUND:
• Most posting volume came from Twitter, with greater than 9,732 specifically from this platform
• Average sentiment fell below the national average to 12.15 for this situation
• Average risk rose above the national average to 12.69 for this situation
• Average Verified Confirmed Threats per Action: 3.08
• Post Volume per Action: greater than 811
• Fahrettin Altun has the most posts of all Actions: 2,980
• S-400 – Turkey has the highest risk of all Actions: 28.05%
WHAT THIS MEANS:
• Current overall information online for United States-Turkey Relations is NEUTRAL.
• Online Sentiment and Risk status for United States-Turkey Relations is NEUTRAL.
• ThreatMinder found some attributable online information attributable to the Monitoring Target which rise to the negative or questionable manner.
• However, nothing reaches the required threshold to specifically target any post, colleague, friend or user online.