This week, ThreatMinder analyzed Onboarding Vendor Risk.
Focus: Vendor Risk
Reason: Fraud Prevention, Onboarding
Every Sunday evening, ThreatMinder will release a substantive and actionable Analyst Risk Report based on high risk activities/events the prior week. These reports include actionable and operational risk analytics to guide your risk mitigation response plan. These weekly reports are provided for no charge. More detailed risk reports about your own assets, businesses, and more may be purchased separately. Contact us at email@example.com for more details.
Onboarding vendors and building third-party relationships, for any business or public organization, is important for success and growth. However, this can leave them exposed to infrastructure vulnerabilities and financial liabilities. There is fear that outside groups will break-in to a company’s system and steal property. However, the reality is companies are far more vulnerable to threats from the inside. Vendors in a supply chain that have unencrypted networks, unmonitored access controls, or faulty employee training leave the entire business ecosystem at risk. In addition, proper vetting of the private companies receiving government contracts would ensure adherence to the standards and policies expected. In this report, we highlight instances in which better vendor screening would have helped avert a bad situation.
WHAT WE DID:
• Used web crawlers, keyword searches, syntax, and other proprietary capabilities to find all related posts, articles, blogs, etc. related to our monitoring targets on the general web, the dark web, social media
• Filtered millions of pieces of information through A.I. algorithms and machine learning protocols to analyze tone and sentiment
• Verified threats with our human analyst team
WHAT WE FOUND:
• Most posting volume came from the general web, with greater than 2,704 specifically from this platform
• Average sentiment fell below the national average to 8.66 for this situation
• Average risk rose above the national average to 18.18 for this situation
• Post volume exceeded 448.50 posts per Action
• Average Verified Confirmed Threats per Action were 6.75.
• Risk Management had the most post of all Actions: 2,149
• Vendor Risk Assessment had the highest risk: 36.39%
WHAT THIS MEANS:
• Current overall information online for Onboarding Vendor Risk is MALIGNANT.
• Online Sentiment and Risk status for Onboarding Vendor Risk is MALIGNANT.
• ThreatMinder found posts and information specifically tying this Monitoring Target to questionable or related activities of this investigation
• Based on the FBI and CIA protocols and processes, ThreatMinder has determined that relevant information collected must be investigated further