This week, ThreatMinder analyzed the Risk of the current pandemic and economic impact on Native American Tribal Communities.
Focus: Organizational Risk
Reason: COVID-19, Unemployment, Mental Health
Every Sunday evening, ThreatMinder will release a substantive and actionable Analyst Risk Report based on high risk activities/events the prior week. These reports include actionable and operational risk analytics to guide your risk mitigation response plan. These weekly reports are provided for no charge. More detailed risk reports about your own assets, businesses, and more may be purchased separately. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
This past week we saw increased traffic and interest in the Native American community. We identified and distilled actionable information about the events. Get a full copy of our Weekly Analyst Report and read key highlights below.
The Native American tribes are being hit harder by COVID-19 than most other communities in the the United States. Vaccines are not getting to tribal members, and the disease itself is harder on Native Americans. Elders within the tribes are typically involved with the leadership of the tribes, and COVID-19 is hitting this group the hardest, causing a leadership drain for the tribes as a whole. This is increasing unemployment on the reservations, leading to more cases of mental health issues among their members and a decreased capacity to negotiate for Federal contracts and treaties with the US.
Continuous monitoring of social media, general web and the dark web are critical to detecting these issues specifically with regards to Native American Tribes as an Organization.
WHAT WE DID:
• Used web crawlers, keyword searches, syntax, and other proprietary capabilities to find all related posts, articles, blogs, etc. related to our monitoring targets on the general web, the dark web, social media
• Filtered millions of pieces of information through A.I. algorithms and machine learning protocols to analyze tone and sentiment
• Verified threats with our human analyst team
WHAT WE FOUND:
• Most posting volume came from the general web, with greater than 2,610 specifically from this platform
• Average sentiment fell below the national average to 9.56 for this situation
• Average risk rose above the national average to 14.64 for this situation
• Post volume exceeded 467 posts per Action
• Average Verified Confirmed Threats per Action were 11.71
• Health – Native Americans had the most post of all Actions: 600
• Contracts – Native Americans had the highest risk: 24.34%
WHAT THIS MEANS:
• Current overall information online for Native American Organizational Risk increased to MALIGNANT.
• Online Sentiment and Risk status for Native American Organizational Risk remained stable at MALIGNANT.
• ThreatMinder found posts and information specifically tying this Monitoring Target to questionable or related activities of this investigation
• Based on the FBI and CIA protocols and processes, ThreatMinder has determined that relevant information collected must be investigated further