Focus: Merchant Risk
Reason: Regulations and Policy Changes, Fraud Prevention
Every Sunday evening, ThreatMinder will release a substantive and actionable Analyst Risk Report based on high risk activities/events the prior week. These reports include actionable and operational risk analytics to guide your risk mitigation response plan. These weekly reports are provided for no charge. More detailed risk reports about your own assets, businesses, and more may be purchased separately. Contact us at email@example.com for more details.This past week we saw increased traffic and interest in Merchant Risk.
We identified and distilled actionable information about the events. Get a full copy of our Weekly Analyst Report and read key highlights below.
The US government creates rules that businesses have to adhere to within the United States. The presidential administration transition may lead to changes in these policies. With changes to the policies that drive the economy, companies that do business with each other may be affected differently. This creates a scenario for potential Business Risk and Targeted Financial Threats.
It is imperative for Merchants to have visibility into the companies that they do business with. If any one of those companies fails or commits fraud, the Merchant’s entire business is put at risk. Continuous monitoring of social media, general web and the dark web are critical to detecting these industrial risks specifically with regards to Merchant Risk.
WHAT WE DID:
• Used web crawlers, keyword searches, syntax, and other proprietary capabilities to find all related posts, articles, blogs, etc. related to our monitoring targets on the general web, the dark web, social media
• Filtered millions of pieces of information through A.I. algorithms and machine learning protocols to analyze tone and sentiment
• Verified threats with our human analyst team
WHAT WE FOUND:
• Most posting volume came from the Twitter, with greater than 178,381 posts specifically from this platform
• Average sentiment fell below the national average to 11.13 for this situation
• Average risk rose above the national average to 10.07 for this situation
• Post volume exceeded 12,798.25 posts per Action
• Average Verified Confirmed Threats per Action is 100
• Zara has the most posts of all Actions: 104,620
• Intellirose has the highest risk: 20.05%
WHAT THIS MEANS:
• Current overall information online for Merchant Risk is MALIGNANT.
• Online Sentiment and Risk status for Merchant Risk is MALIGNANT.
• ThreatMinder found posts and information specifically tying the Monitoring Target to questionable or related activities of this investigation
• Based on the FBI and CIA protocols and processes, ThreatMinder has determined that relevant information collected must be investigated further