This week, ThreatMinder analyzed extremism in the police and military.
Focus: Personnel Risk
Reason: Extremism, Military/Police
Every Sunday evening, ThreatMinder will release a substantive and actionable Analyst Risk Report based on high risk activities/events the prior week. These reports include actionable and operational risk analytics to guide your risk mitigation response plan. These weekly reports are provided for no charge. More detailed risk reports about your own assets, businesses, and more may be purchased separately. Contact us at email@example.com for more details.
This past week we saw increased traffic and interest in extremism. We identified and distilled actionable information about the events. Get a full copy of our Weekly Analyst Report and read key highlights below.
Extremist groups such as the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers are known to have members who are also members of the Military and Police, both current and retired. This can compromise both entities in terms of effectiveness and public opinion. Military and Police Departments recruiting takes place on a vast scale, so neither organization has the capacity to run proper background checks and then monitor each members behavior into the future. ThreatMinder’s Scanning and Monitoring capabilities would solve this problem. The ThreatMinder Threat Analyst team recommends performing Background Checks and Scans for all new recruits. Then, if a Threat is detected, create Actions to monitor individuals further for any relation to extremist groups or negative/risky behavior in general. This analysis can be added to the existing recruit selection processes to gain a clearer picture to determine acceptance or rejection.
WHAT WE DID:
• Used web crawlers, keyword searches, syntax, and other proprietary capabilities to find all related posts, articles, blogs, etc. related to our monitoring targets on the general web, the dark web, social media
• Filtered millions of pieces of information through A.I. algorithms and machine learning protocols to analyze tone and sentiment
• Verified threats with our human analyst team
WHAT WE FOUND:
• Most posting volume came from Twitter, with greater than 30,869 posts specifically from this platform
• Average sentiment fell below the national average to 3.98 for this situation
• Average risk rose above the national average to 22.68 for this situation
• Post volume exceeded 1945.20 posts per Action
• Average High Risk Posts per Action were 2,325,290
• White Supremacy – Police had the most posts of all Actions: 2,325,290
• Oath Keepers – Military had the highest risk of all Actions: 35%
WHAT THIS MEANS:
• Current overall information online for Extremism is MALIGNANT.
• Online Sentiment and Risk status for Extremism is MALIGNANT.
• ThreatMinder found posts and information specifically tying this Monitoring Target to questionable or related activities of this investigation
• Based on the FBI and CIA protocols and processes, ThreatMinder has determined that relevant information collected must be investigated further