This week, ThreatMinder analyzed China Supply Chain Risk
Focus: Supply Chain Risk
Reason: International Trade
Every Sunday evening, ThreatMinder will release a substantive and actionable Analyst Risk Report based on high risk activities/events the prior week. These reports include actionable and operational risk analytics to guide your risk mitigation response plan. These weekly reports are provided for no charge. More detailed risk reports about your own assets, businesses, and more may be purchased separately. Contact us at email@example.com for more details.
This past week we saw increased traffic and interest in China Supply Chain Risk. We identified and distilled actionable information about the events. Get a full copy of our Weekly Analyst Report and read key highlights below.
The global supply chain for thousands of companies runs through China. China presents a number of issues including: 1.) Intellectual Property Theft, 2.) Process Transparency, 3.) Production Status, and many more issues. IP theft is a major issue related to investment and capital spend. In addition, the lack of transparency inside the business ecosystem in China creates blind spots for companies trying to regulate factors such as supply and demand. ThreatMinder can scan local Internet access within mainland China to find potential issues.
WHAT WE DID:
• Used web crawlers, keyword searches, syntax, and other proprietary capabilities to find all related posts, articles, blogs, etc. related to our monitoring targets on the general web, the dark web, social media
• Filtered millions of pieces of information through A.I. algorithms and machine learning protocols to analyze tone and sentiment
• Verified threats with our human analyst team
WHAT WE FOUND:
• Most posting volume came from Twitter, with greater than 2,265 posts specifically from this platform
• Average sentiment fell below the national average to 7.7 for this situation
• Average risk rose above the national average to 30.81 for this situation
• Post volume exceeded 804 posts per Action
• Average High Risk Posts per Action were 231
• China – Supply Chain had the most posts of all Actions: 1,050,225
• China – Tech Theft had the highest risk of all Actions: 42.46%
WHAT THIS MEANS:
• Current overall information online for China Supply Chain Risk is MALIGNANT.
• Online Sentiment and Risk status for China Supply Chain Risk is MALIGNANT.
• ThreatMinder found posts and information specifically tying this Monitoring Target to questionable or related activities of this investigation
• Based on the FBI and CIA protocols and processes, ThreatMinder has determined that relevant information collected must be investigated further